The life and adventures of a starving artist.

The life and adventures of a starving artist.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Airen Firehair

I realize that I haven't posted any of my new paintings in forever. So here you go.  This is one of my newest paintings. I am pretty excited about it! It was a favorite at comic con. I sold quite a few prints of it. It is based on the book "The Hero and the Crown"  by Robin Mckinnley.  I grew up on Robin Mckinnley books, there are really wonderful :) If you haven't read any I would definitely suggest them.

During this painting I was really working on creating interest in the story behind the painting without being too obvious. I was also working on getting more contrast.  If you are interested in Prints you can buy them at my Etsy shop.

The piece was done with water color on arches paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment