The life and adventures of a starving artist.

The life and adventures of a starving artist.

Friday, September 21, 2012

So this weekend I have been playing with watercolor.   It has been FOREVER since I painted with watercolors, and I was a little nervous when I started, but after I started I remembered exactly why I love them.  With water colors you just have to go with the flow, and let things happen sometimes.  One thing that I have always loved are watercolor triads.  Old masters is my favorite, it consists of paynes gray, yellow ochre, and burnt sienna.  LOVE IT! Anyways, here is what I have done so far, it is still a work in progress.  I need to detail it, and build up some of the colors (especially in the skin area).  But, here it is so far.

                  


Here is a closer view of the face and wings.




As far as daily inspiration I found an awesome watercolor artist this week, Paul Bonner.  The way that he paints is amazing! I am going to have to figure out how he gets so much depth and detail into his work.  So awesome. Here is a link to his  website.  Paul Bonner does a tutorial on here  it is pretty interesting.  I am definitely going to have to try some of his techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment